Well, I think this is the last post I will be making, and; I really don't know what to say. However, I would like to tell you a very true story that happened just an hour ago. My boyfriend and I were chatting with a group of friends about how to protect your home if a disaster was happening. We went into scenarios such as hurricanes, earthquakes, volcanoes, zombies and even evil robot Ultron's (if you are on the fence on seeing Marvels Avengers: Age of Ultron I suggest you do so). Ultimately, one friend in our group stated "The home you live in needs to be in alignment with the area you are in, it should be seamless with nature and cause as little damage as possible. So that when that kind of havoc happens, you'll still be okay."
My boyfriend quipped, "Organic architecture?"
"Like Frank Lloyd Wright?" I said casually.
"Yeah, exactly!" Cried our first friend.
We continued this discussion until we exhausted all thoughts on how best to build a house that could withstand the hurricane winds, tsunami waves, tornado paths and meteors; and still keep you alive inside.
I thought that was freaking cool because if I didn't do this project, this time period, I wouldn't have known that Franklin Lloyd Wright was a pioneer in that exact idea (well, maybe not so much on that kind of disaster scale, but you get the idea!). So maybe, the whole blog thing was a pretty cool project after all.
Hope you enjoyed it through my rambles and misaligned thoughts!
-Jenna
No comments:
Post a Comment